The mission of the West Virginia Music Hall of Fame:
• Recognition - inducting important West Virginians. The nominating process for the first round of inductees began in spring, 2007.
• Education – offering themed displays, curriculum and speakers to schools around the state.
• Preserving - collecting and preserving existing sound recordings.
• Collection - collecting and displaying memorabilia.
• Educating people about state artists and reinforcing that a career in the arts is both viable and valuable.
• Presenting lectures, workshops and performances.
• Creating a catalog of LPs and tapes from West Virginia artists and archiving them in a format that will be easily accessible to the public.
• Establishing a building fund for a permanent facility which will include a museum and performance hall, a sidewalk of "stars" around the facility and a shop that will feature CDs by state musicians .
We welcome your input and ideas. Please email us with your suggestions. Also, we are looking for loans or donations of any memorabilia relating to any facet of the WV music scene. This site will post news and developments, so check back often for updates.
The West Virginia Music Hall of Fame is a tax-exempt corporation; all donations are tax deductible.